Martes, Oktubre 30, 2012

Pinoy Metal (HW2)



Filipino metal, pinoy metal, OPM (Original Pinoy Metal), whatever you call it, still a groundbreaking and teethgrinding terms for the filipino underground metal scene here in the Philippines. Many youth today supports and attend gigs to promote the metal scene and it varies from different genres starting from: Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Gothic Metal, and Doom Metal.



One of the Filipino metal band that I know is Bloodshedd this is a death thrash metal band who has an extravagant album that I'll probably still listen to after many years when the apocalypse comes. The first time that I listened to them was way back 2007, that was PULP 7 and my initial impression of the band, is the same as with a lot of other Filipino Metal bands playing the streets of Manila, their sound deserves to be on a bigger stage with better equipment. 


As long as I can remember, one of my classmate told me about the Skychurch band who plays groove/crossover genre. The first ever song that I heard from Skychurch was "Kamao".“Kamao” played and it was intense. The song could have done with a better production, but it grew on me. Today, I can say that “Kamao” is a classic that stands to this day. I love how it sounds so raw, so gritty and booming, and I will always remember how it helped me move forward in Metal as a whole. 
Another thing that appealed to me was that these guys were brothers.Three of them, starting a band and playing some metal. People would interchangeably talk about the " Dela Cruz Brothers" as SkyChurch.

There is this group of fans/musicians who create an organization called Filipino Metal. To portray metal through the eyes and ears of Filipino metalheads. Which is aim to publish articles about metal, various opinions and topics affecting Filipinos, and the Filipino Metal scene. It is a gift to the hardworking bands and people that continue to support the metal scene.

For me, as a metalhead and an avid supporter of filipino metal bands, I used to attend gigs to support the band, buy merchandise, cooperate and contribute for the scene. 



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento